In
today’s class, we learned how to code the fibonacci number in Dr. Racket. It reminds me some of my interesting experience with fibonacci number.
A famous feature of fibonacci number is that when the Fibonacci number goes on infinite, the
ratio of two adjacent digital is close to 1.618, which is known as the Golden
Ratio. However, it is not how I know the Golden Ratio. In fact, through my painting career, I realize that 1.618 is
the most important ratio for composition of pictures. The intriguing point is
that even if I don’t intentionally pay attention to composition, the main part
of the picture will eventually lie somewhere around the golden ratio, otherwise
it just doesn’t look right.
As
a result, the golden ratio appears more than frequently in famous works of art. I couldn't stop wondering, why people appreciate the beauty of things that is in golden ratio
What’s
more, the golden ratio is also applied to finance, biology, chemistry,
phytology, architectonics and many other fields. What’s their relationship to
mathematics?
No comments:
Post a Comment