Monday, 1 April 2013

How a program fail

After typing the Dr. Racket code, I found that there are endless ways that a program could go wrong, wait, I wouldn't call what I typed as "program", they are more like "baby language" of Dr. Racket.

The minute I finished a completed code, I hit run and it has never been successful at the first time.

Common mistake 1: spelling mistake. Dr. Racket is more stricket about spelling than my grade-12 english teacher. At least she won't fail my entire work because of a single spelling mistake.

Common mistake 2: lack of/ extra brackets. Although Dr. Racket helps me track the brackets, it's still easy to get confused when typing multi-lines. I wonder how professional programmers keep tracking their use of brackets when writing programs that are several pages long.

Common mistake 3: lack of/ extra blank. I believe no one could care an extra blank besides Dr. Racket! it is so hard to even recognize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment